Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hello Everyone, Welcome to Of Little Matter Miniature Arts!




Hello Everyone!

Since this is my first post, I thought you should have a little background on exactly what Of Little Matter Miniature Arts is all about:

Of Little Matter Miniature Arts is a business founded on the idea that it is the little things in life that really matter. The primary focuses of Of Little Matter are making quality, to-scale miniatures for use in dollhouses or for decoration, and also using these miniatures in various forms of jewelry including necklaces, earrings, brooches, and rings. I started making miniatures with my mom when I was only four or five, and have always been in love with the tiniest of things. I recently revisited my love for making miniatures, and fell in love all over again- so much so that I can't stop making them when it's time to! As I've grown older, I have also grown a soft spot for jewelry, so I decided to make unique miniature foods and miniature jewelry. It seems that it does not matter who sees these little works of art they bring a smile to their face. 

So that's that! And let me tell you, I truly enjoy making these miniature works of art. Like I said, I have been making miniatures since I was a wee age, I am guessing around four or five at best, and ever since then, I have 'dabbled' in making tiny things... In fact, over the years, I have practiced (and still do!) numerous mediums of art including sculpture, painting, drawing, ceramics, woodworking-pretty much, you name it, I have at least tried it- but everything I make feels better when I make it tiny. I am also in love with microscopic algae, and I draw much inspiration in the possibilities of the miniature world while looking at the life beneath my microscope lens.

Fairly recently, I decided to start up my original artistic love again-making miniatures, primarily out of polymer clay. And guess what- I love it just as much as I did as a little girl!

So this blog is all about my adventures starting and running my own business and experimenting while making new creations! Enjoy, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment