Saturday, March 17, 2012

Little Focus

My first miniature food, a croissant

Well, I have my list of near 200 items that I plan to make in miniature- many of them are foods, but some of the other items include art supplies, holiday decor, and insects. Now just to get focused, and start! This is half (or more in some cases!) of the battle.

This morning I started making a few Easter-themed miniatures, including mini eggs, peeps, chocolate rabbits... They are just amazing! However, the main issue that I have dealt with is the softness of translucent clay lending itself to deep and difficult to deal with fingerprints. Anyone who has worked with any kind of clay knows how fingerprints are... they are everywhere... and stubborn.
 
I am going to experiment and try a few different tricks that I have read about and I'll let you know what works. You can't have a hill and valley covered egg!

The miniature croissant at the top was the first miniature I had made in a while, and my first miniature food made as an adult. When I was little I loved making little vegetables, and if I can find some, I will post pictures of them.

Well, now to focus on my work! FOCUS! Have a great day! Happy Saint Patrick's day!

www.etsy.com/shop/oflittlematter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment